Our three-year COACTION program supports community-based organizations and partnerships that advance critical real estate and small business development projects. These projects lead to economic, health, education, and other quality of life improvements for residents within our five geographic focus areas: North Minneapolis, South Minneapolis, the East Side and Central Corridor neighborhoods of St. Paul, and the Blake Road Corridor in Hopkins.
COACTION grants are closely aligned with our other programmatic and project investments to assure the greatest possible human impact in Twin Cities neighborhoods. Grantees work on community driven, comprehensive, and collaborative efforts that create and maintain the physical environment, and expand small business opportunities.
The breadth and scale of these grantees' work reflects our unique approach to community development. From 2013 to 2015, our role is to provide them with technical and networking support, peer to peer learning opportunities, implementation funding, and to help them leverage additional support.
2013-2015 COACTION organizations and partnerships are:
- » Aeon
- » American Indian Community Development Corporation
- » Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative
- » Dayton’s Bluff Neighborhood Housing Services & East Side Neighborhood Development Company
- » Juxtaposition Arts
- » Latino Economic Development Center
- » Model Cities CDC, Neighborhood Development Center, & Aurora St. Anthony Neighborhood Development Corporation
- » Northside Economic Opportunity Network, EMERGE Community Development, & West Broadway Business and Area Coalition
- » PRG
- » Project for Pride in Living
- » Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity
- » Urban Homeworks
To learn more about the impact of our COACTION grantees, check out these stories about the people they've helped achieve a better quality of life.
- » Aeon, James from Alliance Apartments (video)
- » Neighborhood Development Center, Shegitu Kebede's journey from refugee to restauranteur (StarTribune)
- » Neon, testimonies from graduates (video)
- » PRG, Anette and AJ's story
- » Habitat for Humanity, A stable Habitat home for the Montgomery family